Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Whole New Mind


Last night, on a tip from a friend, we watched Daniel Pink's Living on the Right Side of the Brain on UNC-TV. The promo goes, learn more about your grey matter, explore how right brain abilities can make you more effective in your career and relationships. Dan Pink has a new book, A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers will Rule the World, and PBS is a perfect venue to promote it. As he says, public television is "whole-mind television." Pink is smart, funny, and full of practical, simple examples that made me think, smile, and laugh out loud. (One was a little book of six-word autobiographies/memoirs. We tried it - I wrote, Longed for more, then found it.) He writes and talks about how our thinking is changing, the importance of pattern recognition, and why anyone who says any variation of "but I can't do that, I don't think that way" is full of bunk.

Watch the 5 min. youtube clip!

My waking dreams show me we are awakening our dreams - we're all philosophers at heart!

No comments: